Monday, May 6, 2013

The Silly Season


May is shaping up to be a pretty crazy month.  Mostly the good kind of crazy.  But still the kind of crazy that makes my post a day average pretty tough to maintain, as this past week showed.

With the school year winding down and my own research and writing taking on more time, there is less time for my hobbies.  But what time is left makes for some of the best (and most expensive) events of the year.  This weekend took us back to Pittsburgh and just so happened *cough cough* to coordinate with free comic book. day.  In addition to the free stuff, I was also able to snag a few a few things at discounted prices to give me some down time entertainment.  I had zero interest in comics growing up, but since grad school I've found comics/graphic novels to be a nice escape from the heavier reading that consists my day to day research load.  When you'd reading multiple dense, academic works every week, footnotes and all, the last thing you want to do during your down time is be staring at a page full of words.

On top of that, there are a string of weddings, graduations, and our own wedding planning that will be taking us back to Pittsburgh quite a bit in the coming weeks.  But it's not all work and no play for me.  May also brings Pittsburgh's largest show of the year, which also constitutes my single biggest hobby related expense of the year.  With another card show this weekend that I may swing by, it's a great month for beefing up my collection.

So if the posts slow down in pace, or the content isn't quite as thrilling as it was before, don't fret.  The craziness of the "real world" will undoubtedly impact my newfound love of blogging.  But it should also mean I'll be back in full force come June with tons of awesome new cards to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment