Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Double Header

Two posts in one day?  I don't think I've pulled off that feat in a few months.  Heck, even one post has been pretty tough to come by. 

Even with the Pirates in their first pennant run of the millennium, I can't help but be at least a little excited about the upcoming football season.  And even though I'm a proud Mountaineer, now that the Backyard Brawl has been disbanded and the Big East is (virtually) no more, I can cheer juuuuust a little bit for Pitt.
Pitt has had a tradition of good, if not great, running backs.  And while Shady McCoy may not live up to the accomplishments of Tony Dorsett or Curtis Martin, his autograph certainly has a place in my collection.  I snagged this in Dayton a few months back for $8.  I'm pretty sure this is the most I've ever paid for a non-Pirate card (which isn't saying much, since the previous high was probably something like $3), but I'm thrilled to add it to my slowly developing college collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment