Monday, September 23, 2013

A Changeup?

Now that I'm finally back to blogging on a more regular basis, I've been thinking about the way my blogging life is set up.  Up until now, I've been using this blog pretty exclusively for my team collections - Pirates, Penguins, Steelers, and the occasional WVU and/or Pitt post. 

There's only one problem with that: my collection, my PC, is so much more than that.  And similarly, most of my favorite blogs to read aren't the ones that stick specifically to one topic or theme.  Like most bloggers, my collection is, frankly, all over the place.

Up until now I had been using my secondary blog, Returned to Sender, to give myself an outlet for writing about those "other" aspects of my collection.  But I haven't put as much effort into the blog as I'd like, and simply put the blog didn't generate as many readers as I had expected.  Vain?  Sure.  But until I'm teaching again, my so called profession is "writer" (no, now just blogs, thankfully).  And I would think anyone would want their writing to reach the largest audience possible.  Not to mention how annoying it can be to try to keep up with comments, trades, and general upkeep on two separate blogs on pretty similar topics.

So, dear readers, my proposal is this:  I'll begin moving some of that non-black and gold content over to Battlin Bucs.  Not too much; perhaps a couple posts a week.  I figure most people would enjoy a little break from reading about Steve Buechele and Jonah Bayliss with some more...recognizable names and faces every so often. 

So what do you guys (and gals?) think?  Two separate blogs?  Combine them?  Shut up and show me pretty pictures?

No comments:

Post a Comment