Sunday, April 7, 2013

Material Matters

I typically try to stay away from relic cards unless a) the price is insanely cheap or b) the card looks awesome.  And even then, it's a tough sell.  It's not that I have anything against them per se. I just prefer my game used jerseys...in one piece.

But as I was browsing ebay recently, a game used card caught my eye.  While checking through the seller's other auctions, I saw yet another.  Two game used cards I actually like?  From the same seller?  A grand total of $5 later, these two beauties were heading my way.


I'll always be a sucker for late 90's through late 00's Pirate cards; those teams and players will undoubtedly be some of my fondest Pirate memories for decades to come because of the point in life and the people I watched the games with.  And Upper Deck sure did come up with some great looking high-ed card designs during those years.  Fortunately for me, players like Bay and Sanchez have had their prices drop to the point that I no longer need to even give a second though to paying the going rate for some very, very nice cards.  Sounds like a win-win o me.

No comments:

Post a Comment