Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sign Away

I never considered myself much of a set builder.  But I've been drawn to the awesomeness of 1998 Donruss Signature.  I'm never going to shell out the money needed to land some of the stars in the set, or at least not any time soon, but I'm more than happy to plug away at some of the fringes of the set.
 I had one of those prepaid Visa debit cards that had been sitting around since December that was my mail in rebate for the new laptop I bought for Christmas.  I sort of forgot about the thing, but was going to start getting slammed with a "maintenance fee" if I didn't spend the balance.  And while there were probably better ways to spend the money, I decided to divert a few bucks towards some cardboard.
 All of these cards are the unnumbered replacement versions that have found their way onto the market.
 And for $1-2 each, I was certainly thrilled to add them to the Signature Series collection.
I may never drop the bucks needed to truly go after the set, but I'm more than thrilled to plug away here and there when the opportunity presents itself.

6 comments:

  1. Maintenance fee...sounds like a good enough reason to buy baseball cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't need much of excuse to buy cards. Raining outside, time to buy cards. Heard a dog bark....lets see what is happening on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I might need to start finding excuses *not* to buy cards just for a little variety in life.

      Delete
  3. I've been slowly buying singles from the mid 90's Leaf and Donruss Signature sets. On-card autographs at their finest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I love '98 the most and it's probably the easiest to complete since almost all the stars were sp'd in the parallel versions only. But I never pass up a cheap copy from '96 or '97 if I see them during one of the COMC sales.

      Delete