Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cross Another One Off the Want List

My Jack Wilson pickups are few and far between these days.  I struck out finding any cards I needed at the National, and most of my needs are either high numbered parallels that never surface, or low numbered stuff that...never surfaces.

But I was lucky enough to snag a new addition the other week.  These Heritage Box Toppers aren't the flashiest of cards.  Heck, I don't even know if they'd really be considered cards at all.  But this is only the second time I have seen one of these (the other being an insanely overpriced copy on COMC), so I wasn't going to let it pass me by.

While the front of the card is identical to the 2009 Topps Heritage base card, the back contains advertising text for the set rather than the usual back.  I wouldn't mind finding a second copy to hand cut the cards and slot the Jack into my binder.  But for the time being I'm just happy to cross one more card off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment