Saturday, June 8, 2013

And That's What the Checklist is For

I've been having a pretty bad streak of accidentally buying doubles lately.  Nothing high end, but it's still frustrating to bring home a card that...was already here. 

But occasionally having 10,000+cards cataloged pays off.  I was recently watching an auction for a team set of 04 Topps Traded Gold cards.  My Gold holes are many, so I figured it was a safe bet that I needed all or most of the cards.

With a few hours before the auction ended, I was preparing to bid, but decided to check my spreadsheet to see just how many of the cards I needed.

Much to my surprise...I had the entire team set.
Thinking about it, I believe I found the cards all at once in a quarter or $.50 box.
The set has some nice rookies - Nyjer Morgan, Paul Maholm, Brad Eldred, and Matt Capps.  Obviously these guys didn't exactly light the world on fire, but were memorable players in black and gold. 

Hopefully as I transition my collection from boxes to pages I'll be able to put together a master checklist.  It would definitely save me some disgruntled grumbling after shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment