Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How's This for a Relic? (Throwback Tuesday Style)

It seems that my large purchases always seem to pile up around this time of year.  I don't know if it's spring cleaning, strange timing, or what.  Heck, in the past week alone two 2003 Jack Wilson autographs I didn't have popped up on ebay, one /50 and one /25.  I have never seen a copy of either card surface online or at a show since 2004, yet here they both were from different sellers.  Fortunately both are now en route to my mailbox.

But this post is about something that's a little large for the mailbox.

I've written on more than one occasion that relic cards just don't really interest me, except to check another card off my master checklist.  If I can get them in the $1 range, great.  But they aren't something I go out of my way for.  And a large part of that has to do with my growing (full sized) game used collection.

I may never own a Arky Vaughn bat or Andrew McCutchen jersey.  But lower tiers of players are definitely in play.  Even for guys named McCutchen.

I've written about how much I love the Pirates mix and match late 70's style jerseys.  The black top is probably my least favorite of the three, but when popped up for auction at a reasonable price, it was too good to pass up.

Of course this isn't an authentic 70's jersey (those are a bit out of my price range), but rather a throwback that the team wore in 2011 during a series in Oakland.

And it may not be Andrew, but it just so happens to be from the next best McCutchen.


Unfortunately I just got the jersey, though the full uniform looks fantastic.

It goes nicely with the 70's pinstripe throwback I added a few months back.

Now I just need to find a gold jersey to complete the retro "set."

No comments:

Post a Comment