Sunday, January 17, 2016

Here We Go

I missed out on all but the first few minutes of the KC/Pats game yesterday since Kate had her roller derby banquet last night.  I'm bummed the Chiefs lost and happy the Cardinals won, so it's a bit of a wash.

After the most improbable of endings to the Steelers Wild Card game last week, this is a game that they realistically shouldn't have even made it to.
 Not that I'm complaining.
 I'll gladly take another game, even if the odds of winning aren't leaning our way.
 Still, I'll gladly take either "one last" scenario today.  If the Steelers lose, it was still a solid showing in a year where injuries (Bengal induced injuries, I might add) took a huge toll on all of the team's stars.
 And if they do improbably pull out a win, it will be a little bittersweet, since it would presumably be the last game for Peyton Manning.  While Manning annoyed the hell out of me for most of his career (I was a Ryan Leaf fan, which took me about a decade to get over), in his final years I've come to respect the hell out of his ability and intellect on the field.
 I honestly don't know that we will ever see another player who has been able to control and dictate a game quite the way he has.  And even if his body can't do the things his brain calls for anymore, I'm always a sucker for a good sunset story.
 So either way, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of this postseason.  Just please, please, please...somebody, anybody, knock off the damn Patriots.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be watching the game this afternoon, but I can't help but wonder how long wins will be handed to the Stillers... Sooner or later their luck has to run out.

    That's a nice bunch of autos! Funny thing... I didn't realize it, but I so thoroughly associate Kordell with the "new" number font that the sight of him wearing the traditional numbers looks odd. It' also makes me realize that the "new" number font ain't so new anymore...

    ReplyDelete