Friday, December 26, 2014

The Morning After

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and received lots of cardboard goodies.  I'm one of the lucky Christmas birthdays - the 28th - so when all was said and unwrapped, I ended up opening two boxes, with a couple more that I'm sure will resurface in a couple days.

I busted a box of 2013 Pinnacle baseball that yielded a couple nice inserts, but was a dud when it came to autos, and a second box of 2013 Panini Cooperstown.  No auto this time in Cooperstown, but it's still a fun break for $10.  I know a few people were working on the set, so feel free to drop me an email - I know I should have a lot of doubles after completing my set.

But perhaps the best "gift" of the weekend was an impulsive decision on Christmas Eve to dig up cards from my childhood collection from some of the sets I've enjoyed over the years and try to finish them off.  So in the coming days I'll have want lists together for 2000 Victory, 2000 Topps, 1993 Donruss (how did I not remember that this set was a 700+ card monster?), and 2000 Opening Day.  I think I'm relatively close on all of those sets, so any help towards finishing them off would be great.

Scans of all the fun stuff will have to wait a few days until I go back over my parents' for a birthday dinner this weekend.  In the rush of running around and making all of our holiday stops, I forgot the box with all the cards at my parents' house.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's holiday pickups.

No comments:

Post a Comment