Wednesday, April 1, 2015

An Opening Day Contest

March set a record for the most page views since I started writing here at Battlin' Bucs.  And not by a small margin, either.  It blew the previous high score out of the water by more than 1,000 views.  Last month was a pretty great month for me personally, and for the blog.  I found a second wind in collecting with my various custom card project, found an awesome new card spot at a flea market right up the street, and had some fantastic active conversations in the comments about collecting.

So I wanted to have a little contest as a little thank you to everyone that stopped by the blog last month.

With the Cubs and Cardinals kicking off the season a day before the rest of the teams get in on the action, let's celebrate.  For the contest, pick the sum total of the line score (runs, hits, errors) for both teams in the Cubs/Cards Opening Day game.

For example - let's say the final score is 5-3, the Cardinals have 9 hits and the Cubs have 12, and the Cubs have an error.  The winning entry would be whoever guessed 30.

Obviously there are quite a few combinations that could result in a winning guess, so this should be interesting.  Multiple people are welcome to guess the same number.  As a tie breaker, predict which team will win and how many runs they'll score.

If nobody guesses the exact number, whoever comes closest without going over will be the winner.

I'll dig up some cool stuff of whatever you collect for the winner (or winners).

It's great to be part of such a wonderful community of collectors.  I always enjoy catching up on all the blog posts each day, and appreciate everybody who takes the time to read my cardboard related ramblings, comment, and even trade every once in a while.


19 comments:

  1. 22 total. Cardinals win and score 4 runs! Also, congrats on breaking your record for a month, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 29 total. Cubs win and Score 5! I've really enjoyed some of those great thought provoking posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 26 total. Cards win with 5 runs. Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the Cardinals to win and score 3. Total of 18.

    Congrats on the great month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say 27 total, Cubs win with 6 runs. Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cards win, plating 7 runs and the grand total is 30.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 24 total. Cubs win with 4 runs. Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say 26, Cards win with 4 runs

    ReplyDelete
  9. 21, Cardinals win (of course) with 3 runs

    ReplyDelete
  10. 28 is the number , Cubbies score 6 runs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll go low -- 20, with Cubs winning 3-2. Thanks for the contest and for the great, thought-provoking posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 27. Cubbies score 6 winning 6-4

    ReplyDelete
  13. 12, Cardinals win with 2 runs*. (*This is one contest I don't mind losing; go Cubs!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 31. I'll pick the Cubs winning with 5 runs. I also predict that the Wrigley Field renovations will not be done by then...

    ReplyDelete