Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Starting the Season Off Right

Baseball is finally here, and I for one am a happy camper.  Sure, the Pirates game could have gone a little better yesterday.  The offense always seems to start slow, but Liriano had a very nice start and I loved Cutch screaming "get on my back" as he returned to the dugout after his home run.

A big thank you to everyone who joined the Opening Day contest.  The winner was Tony L., whose guess was right on the money with 20 for the combined line score of the Cards/Cubs Opening Night game.  A throwing error in the 9th ended up winning it for him.  Tony, email me your address and I'll have some goodies headed your way.


And what would Opening Day be without Opening Day?  2000 Opening Day was the set that brought me back to collecting, so the release has a special place in my heart each year.  And as luck would have it, my cards from a recent group break were waiting on me Sunday when I arrived at my parents, thanks to me foolishly forgetting to update the shipping address.

A team set and a couple inserts certainly have me a happy camper.  I still need to pick up the rest of the blue parallels and the mascot insert.  I like the feel of the Opening Day cards this year.  I'm not crazy about the heavy photoshopping, as I've mentioned in my Series 1 posts, but it looks like it's here to stay.

The Bucs are off tonight, so I'll be looking to check out another game or two tonight.  Hooray baseball!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! First a door prize at the Chamber of Commerce event, and now this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best to one-up the Chamber of Commerce! :-)

      Delete