Sunday, February 2, 2014

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Superbowl Sunday, and for the first time in a long time I really don't care who wins this one.  And not in a bad way.  The Broncos and Seahawks have been two of my favorite teams all season, and I'll be happy just to kick back, watch a good game, and see one of those teams get to celebrate at the end.

Seattle has always been a favorite city of mine dating back to my childhood days rooting for the Mariners.  Kate lived in the city for 3 months, and I had a chance to spend about a week there.  I loved the atmosphere, the weather cooperated while I was there, and the people were great.  And after the Steelers wiped the field with the Seahawks in Superbowl XL, I'd love to see my second favorite city take home some hardware.

But it's hard not to root for Peyton Manning.  I haven't seen anyone play the quarterback position the way he has been able to for almost two decades.
 Today will be a pretty quiet day watching the game at home.  Nothing big or exciting planned.  And with the Steelers still mired in that not-quite-rebuilding cycle, I'm hoping the offseason will be one that doesn't include a ton of talk of the black and gold.  After years of seeing way too many Steelers and Penguins jerseys at Pirate games, I wouldn't mind having the attention on the Bucs for a while.
 So here's to a fun Superbowl Sunday.  Hope everyone has a good time watching the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment