Monday, February 17, 2014

Arts & Crafts

 I've been reading Jim Bouton's Ball Four over the last few weeks after picking it up for $1 at a thrift store.  I haven't read a baseball book in years.  Being in grad school for English tends to take away that "leisure" reading time.  Even fun books must serve some larger purpose towards...well, something. 

But I've been really interested in the Seattle Pilots lone season.  So when playing around with some custom cards this weekend, it seemed like a fun project to see how many Pilots autographs I might be able to round up through the mail.

I've always had a bit of a thing for teams that are no more.  And some of my favorite non-Bucco cards in my collection serve as memorials to teams and cities that are no more.


Custom cads are by far one of my favorite ways to toy around with some bygone logos and franchises.  Now I just need to get around to printing off some of these guys and getting them signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment