Thursday, November 13, 2014

2000 Topps Chrome Refractors: Technical Difficulties

Player: Sammy Sosa
Card Number: AT9
Set: All-Topps Team
Set Completion: 0.2%


I had a group break post almost ready to go up when my scanner decided to stop working.  So in the mean time, more shiny cards!

I doubt I'll ever have the patience or spare funds to go for a master set of 2000 refractors.  Most of the insert sets are loaded with 90's star power, and I think nearly 500 cards in the base set should be enough to keep me busy.

But that doesn't mean I'll turn down any of the inserts at the right price.  This All-Topps Team design might be my favorite insert from the set, and looks amazing in refractor form.

Slamin' Sammy seems like little more than an afterthought to most collectors these days, but there was a time when he was on top of the hobby.  While I wasn't quite a big enough fan to start a player collection, he is definitely in my second tier of "not a PC, but I'll gobble up as many inserts as I can" category.

No comments:

Post a Comment