Saturday, October 10, 2015

Mail Day: Combined Shipping is Your Friend

I promised myself I'd treat myself with a nice new addition to my collection to celebrate my new job.  And I've been looking and looking on ebay the past couple weeks, but nothing has really caught my eye.  But you know how ebay goes.  While I haven't found my biggie, I certainly came across more than a few smaller cards that ended up in my mailbox.

All of the cards in this post came from the same seller.  At $.99 each and $.10 combined shipping for each additional card, I ended up snagging a few cool cards that I'm sure fit in somewhere in my vast and innumerable collections.
 The Hammerin Hank refractors were a tough pull in 2000 Topps.
 And the Burres auto was an impulse buy.  I'll be stripping the sticker off the card for a custom at some point in the near future.
 There aren't many good things to say about Daniel Moskos, but this is a really cool looking card, and for a buck...why not.
 And of course I did manage to add some Pirate cards.
 The Longevity parallels were actually the whole reason I ended up buying from this seller.  2002 Leaf Rookies and Stars was a product I really enjoyed in the days when 1 hit per box products were still a new thing.

And I couldn't pass up a chance to add a nice pinstripe relic of my favorite Marlin.  Nice clean design on the card as well.

 Another bonus to combined shipping?  Finding cards you thought you already had, but didn't.  This Chris Duffy auto looked familiar, so I skimmed past it a couple different times.  Turns out I have a relic and base version that uses the same photo/design, but didn't have the auto.
 So now I do...

I'm still on the prowl for a nice Griffey or Ripken auto to add to my collection, but I certainly wouldn't complain if I stumbled onto a few more finds like this in the mean time.

1 comment:

  1. Gonna make a Burress custom to celebrate his glorious days with Pittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete