Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Please Excuse the Mess

Sorry for the lack of activity lately.  Gearing up for Opening Day, I've been working on a new layout for the blog.  The current template is based off of the design I created for my Pirates webpage circa 2010, and was adapted to the blog when I started writing in 2013. 

Quite a bit has changed since then both in terms of technology and my Photoshop skills.  So it's time for a fresh look, but that also has meant dusting off some skills I haven't really put into practice since almost a decade ago.  While the planned launch date was originally Opening Day, I'm going to miss the mark there.

But I'm hard at work behind the scenes to try to upgrade the look of the page from a late 90's Geocities page at least up to a respectable early 00's Freewebs page.  In the mean time, I'll try to get some content up here and there.  I've had a busy mailweek which I'm excited to show off and have a group break with my team collector pals on the calendar for tomorrow, so there should be some new content trickling in soon.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! I had some ambitions of updating mine a few weeks ago but just haven't found the inspiration yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I kept putting off and kept putting off since I started blogging again. But I hate reading on the black background and it creates all sorts of text formatting problems. A change is waaaaay overdue.

      Delete
  2. At least you have a nice banner image. My blog is very bare-bones and I have zero Photoshop skills. Really should update it soon.

    I look forward to seeing your new layout..even though this is the first time I've seen your old layout :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It'll only help you appreciate the new layout even more! :-)

      Delete