Sunday, March 31, 2013

Adios, Astros

Finally, it's time for some baseball.  The Bucs don't take the field until tomorrow, but the Astros are kicking off their AL life tonight.

From a fan's standpoint, I'll miss having the Astros in the NL Central.  I always enjoyed watching their teams, good or bad, and the Killer B's ear 90's club is one of my favorite teams.  And I'm loving their new uniforms this year, though we'll still get the chance to see them in PNC Park thanks to interleague play.

From a competitive standpoint, trading the very winnable games against a weak Astros team over the next year or two for added games against much stronger Cards and Reds teams isn't great.  But with the stocked 'Stros minor league system, I don't think I'll be too heartbroken in a few years.

I picked up this Wandy Rodriguez auto along with the Robinzon Diaz card from a few days ago.  For a buck, it's a nice placeholder until I can get a Pirate card signed. 

So long 'Stros, at least for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment