Thursday, January 15, 2015

Crossing the Broder

I guess custom cards are all the rage these days.  I've been making customs on and off since high school, when I first discovered Photoshop.  Admittedly, my skills were a bit lacking at the time.  But while I've created some custom projects I really enjoy over the last couple years, I still don't think I've scratched the surface with what I can do with custom cards.  And exploring that a bit more is definitely one of my goals for this coming year.

But any longtime collectors know that customs, in one form or another, aren't exactly anything new to the hobby.  Broder cards have been a part of the hobby for a long while.  They aren't customs per se, or perhaps more accurately customs on a large scale.  But either way they can be a real pain when it comes to organizing my collection.  And it's almost impossible to get a complete checklist of what cards may be available.

But how can you not love the absurdness of...a (skinny) Barry Bonds cutout magically floating above the Wrigley outfield.  Why Wrigley?  Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment