Sunday, October 6, 2013

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


Tomorrow I'll be heading back to PNC Park for our second installment of playoff baseball.  I'm excited, but I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't getting a little worn out.

On top of all the playoff hoopla, we're in the home stretch for wedding planning, with three weeks until the big day.  One of my artist friends was in town for a few days this week doing some artwork for the reception, only adding to the craziness.

But something tells me that isn't why you're here.


The big topic of conversation in Pittsburgh has been who would start game 5.  Maybe it's the unfamiliarity of the playoffs to the city's baseball crowd, but I do believe you need to get through games 3 and 4 before game 5.

Is it likely the Pirates will win one, but not two, of the upcoming games?  Sure.  But a lot of things need to go right for that to happen.  And anyone who has watched a playoff series before knows that things can unravel in in instant.

Still I stand by my conviction that whatever happens from here is just bonus baseball.  It's been a great season, and an even better post season.

No comments:

Post a Comment