Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's Aliveeeee!: A Huge Custom Card Breakthrough

I felt like Dr. Frankenstein (or maybe Doc from Back to the Future) last night, running throgh the house to tell Kate  of my breakthrough.  I finally did it.  I figured out how to get a custom "high end" card looking the way I wanted.  And the answer was literally sitting in front of me the whole time.  But I'll get into that later on when I do some type of tutorial on making these sparkly pieces of goodness.

For those of you who have been following my custom card making adventures, I'm pretty happy with my process for making standard cards.

I started experimenting with some various premium foil versions, but wasn't overly pleased with the results on the cards I made.  They still needed some more pop, since the images just sort of faded into the foil.

Over the last couple months, I have spent way too much time and energy trying to figure out where I was going wrong.  I enjoy solving puzzles, but tend to get really, really frustrated when I can't figure something out.  But...problem solved!  There is still some room for perfecting the process.  And I need to figure out why it looks like the name says Roberto Clfmente.  But I'm really happy with this card, and it's a big breakthrough for my card making.  The colors didn't come through as well on my scanner, but in person the card looks pretty similar to the Topps Canary cards from a few years ago.

Now back to the drawing board to see what else I can come up with.


  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to play around with different ideas in the coming weeks.

  2. Looks great! Doesn't hurt that it's Roberto.

    1. You can never go wrong with Roberto. Especially since I'm rarely willing to shell out the cash needed to cool looking Clemente cards.

  3. That's pretty sweet looking! Nicely done.