Friday, November 14, 2014

Hometown Heroes Break, Part 5

And on to the last part.  Hoping for some Buccos in this batch.

Pack 19:
Verlander
Frank White
Bundy
Sheets
Bagwell
Rickey Henderson Curtain Call Gold
Gausman
Kevin Seitzer

Pack 20:
Bobby Witt
King Felix
Ozzie Guillen
Dwayne Murphy (this one feels like a bit of a stretch)
Posey
Trout State (well, that should about pay for the box!)
Segura
Stanton

Pack 21:
Hamels
Kruk
Wheeler
Reggie (A's)
Halladay (is this the Phillies pack?  I just hit two more Phillies in one pack than total Pirates!)
Bobby Thigpen Auto!Harold Baines
Houston Street

Hitting an auto is great - there wasn't anything guaranteed on the box.  Better yet, it's a player I don't have an autograph of.  A lot of the Larry Bowa and Greg Gagne type signers in this product are guys who are great signers TTM, so it's nice to add a new auto to the collection.

Pack 22:
Eckstein
Cleon Jones
A-Rod (NY) Hero seems like a gross misnomer here...
Dave Stewart
Pendelton (StL)
Edgar Martinez Defining Moments
Castilla
Reggie (NYY)

Pack 23:
Matt Williams (Dbags)
Harvey (another dup)
Bill Buckner (Dodgers) - again...really?
Headley
Ortiz
Scherzer Area Code parallel
Doc
Steve Finley

Pack 24:
Teddy higuera
Jerome Walton
Harold Reynolds (ugh)
Phillips
Rick Monday
Matt Williams State (Giants)
Rusty Greer
Jeff Montgomery

So there you have it.  A stack of inserts, a very well composed base set, and one freaking Pirate card.  Looks like I pulled one SP, Wade Boggs Yankees.  The auto was a great bonus.  It does seem nuts that I only pulled one of the 9 Pirate cards from the set, but I guess that's the way breaks can go.

I'm think I'm going to try to complete the base set (minus SP's), so if anyone has any doubles from their boxes or isn't particularly attached to the base cards, let me know.  I'll probably hold onto a couple of the inserts and the auto, but if anybody is interested in anything just drop me an email.

1 comment: